Thank you to Hickory Farms for sponsoring this post!
Ever since Damian was little, the importance of mommy and son dates were really important to us. Sometimes we would have them one-on-one and after Paxton I’d bring both on occasion. I have to admit it was Damian’s idea. He didn’t want Pax to feel left out. How sweet is that?!
While I am with my kids all the time, I think creating special moments in the form of dates makes them more meaningful. Today, I am sharing with you guys some of our favorite date ideas.
I would say 9 times out of 10 our dates include food. This Hickory Farms Market Basket is perfect for dates with my coconuts or even outings as a family. It contains every thing you need including meats, cheeses, mustards, crackers, mints, nuts, shortbread biscuits, and Belgian truffles. It is packed full of goodies. Oh, and the basket is included too!
Pairing the sausage, cheese, and crackers together makes for a delicious snack. My coconuts love the Turkey Summer Sausage, but the beef has my heart.
It makes for the perfect gift for the holidays. I like that you gift an experience as well as insanely delicious Hickory Farms products. I can not get enough! For real, I’m lucky if I can get two snow mints before they get devoured by everyone.
We mostly do date night one-on-one but sometimes it’s best with both of them. I just love how much they love each other!
We spend so much time with our kids it’s easy to forget to make special time with them. Just as we date our spouse, I think it’s equally important to date our kids. Putting time aside to really make them feel extraordinary is one of the most valuable things we can do as parents. Yes, we try to make our kids feel that way every day, but putting that extra effort in really means a lot.
Kids grow up so quickly, we need to treasure every single chance we can. We will never get these moments back, and they will never be younger than they are right now at this moment. It’s important to ask questions, be silly, laugh, have experiences, debate, and be creative with them. I promise they will remember it for a lifetime.
Let’s get into our favorite date night ideas, shall we?! Here are some ideas for you to try with your kids.
Date Night Ideas With Your Kids
- Picnic at a park or even a playground.
- Dinner and a movie.
- Pokemon Go walks. It’s like the new age scavenger hunt.
- Cooking class. Some schools have all age cooking classes you can participate in together.
- Create recipes together at home. Baking is always a winner in our house!
- Indoor movie night. Bring out the blankets, candy, and popcorn! Make it feel like you’re at the movies but at home. I like the retro looking popcorn containers.
- Game night. It’s a classic and one of our favorites.
- Art class. Sculpt clay or paint a masterpiece. Create something together!
- Camping in the backyard. Make s’mores, tell stories, and sleep under the stars.
- Rock Climbing. Indoor rock climbing is a fun way to encourage and bond with each other.
- Coffee date. Go to your coffee shop and grab a latte for you and a cocoa for your little man.
- High Tea. Don’t label it as a girl thing. My boys love going to the tea room and snacking on all the goodies and sipping on some tea (or lemonade served in a teapot).
- Attend a musical or dance performance.
- Go to a fancy restaurant. Yes, a fancy one. Expose their taste buds to exciting flavors, and teach them proper etiquette. Think of it as an informal lesson when they start dating by showing them the right way to do things.
- Cheer on his favorite team at their game. Cheer on his team even if it isn’t your favorite.
- Hit up the arcade. Play games, eat pizza, and gather up those tickets for a prize!
- Play ball. Shoot hoops, pass a football, play catch, kick a soccer ball.
- Drive In Movie. I loved this as a kid. Get blankets, pack snacks, buy popcorn, and watch the movie from the comfort of your car. You can even wear jammies!
- Mini golf.
- Go bowling.
- Head to a local amusement park. Play games and go on rides!
- Kayak or canoe.
- Go fishing.
- Book store. Find a new book to read together.
- Overnight date. My kids love hotels! You can even stay at a local hotel, swim in their pool, and eat breakfast together before joining the family.
What is your favorite mommy/son date idea?