This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them helps support this site.
Looking for a quick, easy, and healthy side dish? I have the perfect way to add green and delicious flavor to your plate.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
- Heat pan over medium heat
- Add oil and butter
- Place the garlic into the pan, stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes
- Add green beans, lemon zest, and lemon juice
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until done, tossing frequently
How easy is that? You can also add red pepper flakes, hot pepper jelly, hot sauce, whatever spice you like if you want to add some heat. I kept it out because my coconut loves his veggies without sauce or heat.