Does anything scream childhood mall memories more than Orange Julius?! I woke up the other morning craving one and decided to try to re-create the sweet orange-vanilla flavor. With my Vitamix, I was able to use the whole orange, peeled of course, but if you don’t have a powerful blender feel free to use fresh squeezed oj or cut the oranges into sections.
I used by beloved SweetLeaf Stevia in Vanilla Creme to keep the sugar content down. Fruit has enough sugar in it, but the stevia drops add the perfect amount of sweetness without adding calories.
Want to add extra nutrition without sacrificing taste? Add 2-3 baby carrots or 1 serving of AIM Just Carrots. I add BarleyLife Xtra to my green smoothies, but Just Carrots works great with my Orange Julius Recipe. You can’t even taste the carrots!
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 whole oranges, peeled (If you do not have a powerful blender – cut into sections or use OJ)
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-5 drops of SweetLeaf Stevia Vanilla Creme Drops
- 5-6 cubes ice
- optional: 2-3 baby carrots or one serving of AIM Just Carrots
- optional: orange slices to garnish
- Place all ingredients in blender
- Pour in glass
- Garnish with an orange slice
SweetLeaf Stevia has been kind enough to offer one of my lucky readers a large 2 oz. bottle of the Vanilla Creme Sweet Drops! I know you guys will love it. Obvi it’s great for my orange julius recipe, but it is also great for coffee, baking (I made cookies with it!), and so much more. I just know you will love SweetLeaf as much as I do. In fact, I never leave home without it!