I love smoothies! I love how easy they are to make. I love that you can enjoy a meal with only one hand. I love that I can pack veggies into them without losing any fruity taste. I use my Vitamix for all my smoothies because I can put whole fruits and veggies in it, and get smoothie shop results. If you have a juicer please trade it in for a Vitamix. You lose so many nutrients and fiber that your body needs. There is absolutely no waste of nutrients or money with the Vitamix. Love it!
I’ll be sure to post smoothie recipes from time to time. If you don’t happen to have a blender like the Vitamix or a Ninja you can make the smoothie without the hard veggies.
- 1/4 cup skim milk (or rice/soy/almond…use what you have)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 whole carrot or handful of baby carrots
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3/4 cup strawberries with the leaves attached
- 1/2 cup frozen berry blend or ice (I use the Three Berry Blend from Costco)
- Add ingredients to blender in order listed
- Securely snap on lid
- Leave opening open for tamper
- Set Vitamix to variable 1 (if you don’t have one I recommend pulsing first)
- Quickly turn variable to 10
- Flip to high
- Use tamper if necessary to push ingredients into the blades
- Turn Machine Off
- Pour into drinking glass
This smoothie is packed with flavor, nutrition, fiber, and all sorts of goodness. I promise you can’t taste the spinach or carrots! This smoothie proves healthy can be delicious!